By default KnowAll disables the posts functionality of WordPress. You can re-enable this by following the directions below.
Re-enabling posts in KnowAll
To enable posts simply add this line to your child theme’s
add_filter( 'ht_knowall_posts_functionality', '__return_true' );
Once you’ve done this, you will be able to change the front page displayed from WP Admin > Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays.
Creating a Blog Archive
With the steps above complete, you can create your blog archive with the following steps:-
- Ensure you have some posts to display, these can now be created from the new Posts > Add New menu.
- Create a dummy page from Pages > Add New. Name it ‘Blog’ or whatever you wish the blog archive to be titled. You do not need to anything other than name and publish the page.
- Assign this Blog page as the posts archive from Settings > Reading > Posts Page. Set as your newly created Blog page. (see screenshot below).
- Assign the Homepage as Knowledge Base Archive to ensure that the front page of your KnowAll site remains the knowledge base.
- You’ll need to add the Blog page to a navigation menu or otherwise make it reachable. This can be done from Appearance > Menus.
- Your Blog page should now function as a simple posts archive.